CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES & TOPICS
- Exchange experiences and expertise between the stakeholders in the Arab Countries in the field of desalination industry and environment, through the presentation of successful experiences and expertise to develop and promote water desalination technology.
- Promote and enhance the research cooperation and technical development among the research authorities in the Arab World and internationally, by allowing the cooperation in the preparation of specialized research studies in line with the region environment and building communication channels between the individuals and authorities concerned with the research in the field of water desalination, with the aim of joining the research efforts.
- Encourage the private sector to invest in water desalination projects by offering and presenting investment opportunities in the construction, operations and maintenance fields.
- Contribute to the transfer and localization of the technology in the Arab world by urging companies specialized in the field of seawater desalination to establish their plants in the region.
- Raise the level of workers in the field of seawater desalination through training, rehabilitation and transfer of expertise to the next generation of engineers and technicians.
- Explore the feasibility of the use of alternative energies in the desalination field as well as the steps taken so far in the Arab countries.
- Processes adopted in the Arab countries to prepare the specifications, award water desalination projects and supervise the implementation thereof.
- International research trends of current and future researches.
- Future of the desalination industry and its localization in the Arab countries.
- Enhancement of the energy efficiency in the desalination stations – alternative energies.
- Developments of traditional desalination techniques and promising desalination techniques.
- Foundations to build and document desalination experiences.