OVERVIEW OF THE PREVIOUS EDITION
The previous editions of the Water Desalination Conference in the Arab Countries (ARWADEX) have laid new foundations for the exchange of experiences between the concerned parties in the Arab countries and opened new horizons for research collaboration in order to develop this technology and establish it in the Arab World by finding appropriate mechanisms and strategies.
The last edition of this conference included many sessions, seminars and professional discussions, during which more than 60 speakers from different Arab and foreign countries have presented papers and exchanged their experiences on the issues and topics raised during the conference, including the following:
- Thermal desalination
- Reverse osmosis desalination
- Impact of water desalination on the environment and the effects thereof on the desalination industry
- Application of nanotechnology in the water desalination
Studies and Researches Sessions
- Uses of alternative and renewable energy in water desalination and development of the horizons of nuclear energy uses in water desalination
Desalination Economics Discussion Sessions
- Round table on “the future of the privatization of the water desalination industry in light of the current economic and scientific situation”
- Discussion on the advisory activities, contracting and industry of water desalination (problems of design and implementation in the desalinated water transfer systems projects).
Professional Dialogue and Discussions Sessions
- Assessment of the performance of the pumping systems, determination of the standards to be adopted when choosing the pumps, pumps recycling feasibility study, technical problems related to the performance of boilers and rehabilitation of boilers.